The Canada Visitor Visa is a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada which allows the holder to go to Canada for purposes such as:
Every year, Canada welcomes nearly 50 million people from different countries. You can visit Canada as a tourist, to see family and friends, or to do business. Whether you plan on visiting Canada for a few days or several months, you must meet some important immigration requirements.
The Canada Visit Visa is a straightforward visa application giving you the ability to visit Canada for a period of up to 6 months. Single entry visas and multiple entry visas are the two types of Canada visas available in Canada. Foreign nationals can only enter Canada once with a single-entry visa.
A multiple entry visa permits its holder to come and go as often as they desire while the visa is valid. You do not have to pick the type of visitor visa to apply for; all applicants are automatically considered for multiple entry visas, and single-entry visas are only awarded in exceptional circumstances.
Multiple entry visitor visas allow the holder to visit Canada as many times as they wish for six months at a time as long as the visa is valid.
Canada Tourist Visa Requirements
To apply for a Tourist Visa for Canada, you will also have to submit some documents, as follows:
Key points to note about this visa are:
- Canada Tourist Visa Application Form.
- Your bank or other financial statements to prove you have enough funds for the trip to Canada.
- A travel itinerary if you have already booked your air tickets, or just a description of what you plan to do once in Canada.
- A Canada visa letter of invitation from your family or friends if you are visiting them.
- Proof of the relationship if you are visiting your family.
- The immigration statuses of your family or friends if you are visiting them.
- Bank statements or other financial statements of your friends or family if you are visiting them.
- A Declaration Letter from you to the Government of Canada where you explain why they should give you a Tourist visa.
- Your employment or education status through a resume or diplomas, as well as a letter from your employer stating that you have contractual obligations to fulfill and you must return to your home country.
- Proof that your stay in Canada is temporary and that you will return to your home country once your visit is over, such as a lease, property deed, and so on.
- Proof that you do not plan to work or study in Canada.
- Court documents that prove you have a clean criminal history.
• It can only be used for leisure or tourism purposes
• You cannot use this visa to work or to apply for work
• You can take your dependents and children along
• Typically, the visit visa is issued in 27 days after submission
With our extensive experience in Canadian immigration, Alcan Visa Solutions can help you make the strongest case for your Canada visit visa. Our teams will help you with:
- Identifying the best strategy to get your visitor visa
- Advising you on how to present your case so the chance of a personal interview is minimized
- Advising you on finances to be shown
- Advising you on documents to be presented
- Filling of forms
- Review of all your documentation